Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tika's Bath Before Going Home

Tika is getting packed up to leave Royal K9 Korner. She's been a very good girl. She's had a few learning experiences and we can truly see an increase in her comfort level now.
We think she really enjoyed her stay and hope she visits us again soon. Her mom had asked for her to have a bath, so I started setting up our outdoor bath station. The Spring weather has been really warm.  We have hot water hooked up outdoors and I was looking forward to not having to scrub my bath tub down after.  The very next morning my goodness! What happened to our sunshine? There was no way Tika could be bathed outdoors.

So, into the bathtub she went. It took us a very long time to coax her into the bathroom. She obviously has some bath issues and we didn't want to scare her for future.  We used loads of nummy cookies and gentle positive persuasion.


In the end we simply hoisted the big girl up and into the tub she went.   Once she was in all was calm. I hope we helped her comfort level with the good solid rubber mat for grip and a perfect warm water temperature. She stretched her body out and allowed me to lather her up and use the bath brush to scrub her back and every inch of her body.  By the end of the bath she was squeaky clean and her lovely coat was shining.  What a good girl she was.  She is welcome to come back for a Royal K9 SPA treatment any time.
Even though I had the thermostat turned up so the house would be warm for her, this little girl was shivering after her bath. We made certain to rub her down with several big fluffy towels.


Im chilly so please leave 
me covered up ok Lady?
When she was done she found her daybed and cuddled down to dry off better. I changed her blanket a couple of times to make sure she was drying well. I certainly didn't want this short haired little angel to catch a chill. 


Oh yes! Thank you Lady I'm nice and warm now!
Soon it was time to take all the dogs out for their final piddle before bed. Tika decided she was staying in her cozy spot. That was fine. We went out and a few minutes later, guess who decided to come outdoors? Well, goodness sake, she had no coat on and was still wet! I happened to have my sleeveless Jack shirt on so off it came. It turned out to be a perfect warm up coat for Tika. I think we created a new fashion statement.

Ok, I'm done now. Let's go back in please.

Tika has been a delightful guest and is welcome back any time.

Soaking up some warm sunshine in the early morning.
Can you see my mom coming yet Princess MollyDawg? 

Tika still has a few other pack members to meet. We're gearing up for success for her.

2 comments:

sobe said...

Looks like someone got spoiled royally! Leave it to you Del to pamper Tika. Big fluffy towels and even your jacket ...

Del said...

lol ya, well, the evening wind was picking up and it was a bit chilly for a dog who's skin is still damp.
I on the other hand shivered lol